Question Ethernet disconnecting when I move laptop

brc61

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
When I move the screen of my laptop down slightly, my ethernet connection drops for like 5 seconds and then connects again. Its a huge inconvenience when im streaming games. What's weird though is I can move the laptop screen UP, i can move the laptop itself and shake it and jiggle the ethernet cord where it connects to the port, and there's no problem. The issue only occurs when I move the laptop screen down a little bit towards me. It happens at all different "angles" and it's also inconsistent like it doesnt happen every time i move it.
I tried disabling the "sleep when i close lid" function but that didn't help. Anyone have any thoughts on what's causing this / how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a loose wire internally, it may be trying to swap to the WiFi card since there are likely antennas in the screen lid going to the wireless network card. If system is in warranty contact the vendor.

brc61

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Could be a loose wire internally, it may be trying to swap to the WiFi card since there are likely antennas in the screen lid going to the wireless network card. If system is in warranty contact the vendor.

i appreciate your advice, thank you!