Ethernet Disconnects During High CPU Usage

TheZeroageTM

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
I posted about this a while ago, and essentially was told to buy a new Ethernet cable. So I did. In a nutshell, my PC disconnects from the internet every time I do something intensive. It hasn't done this until I updated to Windows 10. Most times I'll get the "limited yellow triangle symbol", and when I try to diagnose the issue, windows says either "default gateway not available" or "One or two network protocols are missing". Other times, I'll just get a red x and the internet will be disconnected for around 30 seconds, and it will reconnect again. I've tried updating my driver software (the driver is the default motherboard realtek pcie gbe family controller driver), and I've also tried disabling power use, and other things.

I desperately need help with this because I can't do anything intensive on the internet. Download games, play games, Skype, discord, etc.

TheZeroageTM

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Sorry for taking forever to reply. I was testing a lot of things. So I set my IP address, sn and gateway to static values and it still does it. It shows my regular IP address when I get the yellow triangle. Here is a screenshot of what it displays in ipconfig cmd when I get the Yellow Triangle:
htarYka.png

I have tried a Wireless adapter, but it was painfully slow and didn't use it long so I'm not sure if it still has the issue. I also used a Usb to ethernet dongle and during the time I was using it, it didn't give me issues so make what you want of that.

Any suggestions of what this could be?

A few months ago I would had pointed my fingers squarely on the newness of W10 and vendors' driver still on beta, but July 2016 I would have thought all these problems are already ironed out.

All people can tell you is, try this, try that.

If you are tired of this trial&error, just buy a "known to be good NIC that works with W10" and move on. I have no recommendation, get that info on the web.

TheZeroageTM

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Tried it, still is disconnecting :/

TheZeroageTM

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
See usually I would do this, without asking for any help on any forums, but if there is a software or hardware problem that needs to be recognized/solved, I'm not going to ignore it.