Question Ethernet intermittent connection and slow upload speed ?

Jul 27, 2022
Just built a desktop PC using a new MSI Z690-A Pro Wifi DDR4 mobo (I'm a newbie so I'm amazed the PC is functioning). Been having issues with only the ethernet where it has intermittent connection though download speed from tests is usually high (>700 mbps), but the upload speed is very low (<1.5 mbps). Loading sites takes a long time, minutes and many times they just don't load.

Wifi works perfectly fine (>700 mbps down, >400 mbps up). Router is like 6 feet away (Verizon Fios Gb). I changed the cord and also tested it in my laptop (works fine by speed test). I've already updated BIOS, installed all the MSI site-listed drivers, and tried to re-install the ethernet driver.

It is listed as 'Intel Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V' and has driver version 2.1.1.7. Running Windows 11, not sure if any other info would be relevant.

Appreciate any help.

Edit: After fiddling around with it, I just gave up and bought a cheap network card. Plugged it in, booted up with no problems.

Last edited:
That chipset has a history of lots of strange issues, I really wish it was easier to not get these 2.5g ports but they seem to come with the newer motherboard chipsets.

I am not sure what the driver number is but if you go to intels site they have drivers from about a month ago. I would try the driver you get from intel directly and see if it makes any difference.

I do not see a so called "gamer" network software in the bloatware loaded by many motherboards. Check that you do not have any form of QoS or any software that claims to give certain types of traffic priority or reduce latency.

Jul 27, 2022
Ah that's a shame, does seem to be a lot of issues after searching on it. I'll try updating with Intel site drivers again.

I don't really have much software installed atm nor do I see anything suspicious, tried disabling antivirus, firewalls and such temporarily to no avail.

Thanks for the help, may just buy a cheap network card at this point and save the headache.