Question Ethernet issues please help

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
I have just upgrade my cpu and motherboard when i go to login to my user it says “ your pin is no longer avaliable due to a change if the security settings, click to setup pin” however my motherboard for some reason is not recognising my ethernet to says i have no connection so it wont allow me to update my pin. What do i do help!!!!

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
You should be able to log in another way, like through a password or something. Are you presented with any other options to log in?
Nope it says this as i just moved my ssd to a new cpu and mobo, so i need to change the pin however because my ethernet is not recognising i cannot egt on the internet to change it and cannkt get into my settings either to make the ethernet work or download drivers that could be missing

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
Swapping an OS install to a new motherboard can cause problems, such as driver issues and whatnot.

It's normally recommended to install Windows if transferring to a new motherboard to avoid problems.
Ik i was gonna but wanted to see if there was another way, forgot my usb with the install tool at my mums like 3 hours away, gonna buy a new one and do it tomorrow, will it just replace and delete the current windows installed on my ssd?