Ethernet no working

Sep 12, 2018
I was trying to game with my friends over a lan network that always worked perfectly only recently my pc cannot connect to my 24x hub both of their pcs can connect but it shows a amber/yellow light over mine and on my pc and even in my ipconfig it doesnt show my LAC 3 detecting a Ethernet cable. and i can guarantee that they both work fine please help

Solution
Many things going wrong here, feel sorry for you lol. Ive had plenty of lan party's in the past and something always goes wrong.

Check your date and time, another reason for os genuine issues possibly related to flat cmos battery.

Amber light on network usually indicates its set you to 100mbps instead of 1000mbps. Usually means your nic isn't negotiating properly trying to use all 8 cat cable wires and instead puts it down to 4 wires, 10/100.

bladem2127

Reputable
Sep 12, 2018

I've tried about 27 different cables of various lengths that were already in use in the lan sesion just to make sure it wasnt a wire error and the port in the back of my pc is still operational aswell, once i plug it in the LED's on the back light up but on my 24x hub my light turns amber while the rest of the users are still green, so i take it as theres a error through my pc. I went as far as making sure my drivers where up to date so im unsure. The ipv4 is still fine however in my adapter it doesnt show my local area connetion at all even a disabled version. Also 2 things to note my Os recentally stopped being genuine for unknown reason and also in my sound tab the Deafult option of Speaker is no longer there and cannot be seen even if i click show disabled or not in use

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Many things going wrong here, feel sorry for you lol. Ive had plenty of lan party's in the past and something always goes wrong.

Check your date and time, another reason for os genuine issues possibly related to flat cmos battery.

Amber light on network usually indicates its set you to 100mbps instead of 1000mbps. Usually means your nic isn't negotiating properly trying to use all 8 cat cable wires and instead puts it down to 4 wires, 10/100.

Solution