Question Ethernet on Motherboard turning off

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
My ethernet port on my motherboard randomly turns off ( Lights turn off and everything). For random amounts of time ( sometimes 1 second sometimes 10 minute). I have ran the network troubleshooter while the internet isnt working and it says that i need to plug an ethernet cable in or its broken. I have also tried 4 different ethernet cables. My motherboard is a dell one idk the name but looks exactly like this one: Dell D28YY Optiplex 790 Sff Motherboard

kanewolf

Titan
My ethernet port on my motherboard randomly turns off ( Lights turn off and everything). For random amounts of time ( sometimes 1 second sometimes 10 minute). I have ran the network troubleshooter while the internet isnt working and it says that i need to plug an ethernet cable in or its broken. I have also tried 4 different ethernet cables. My motherboard is a dell one idk the name but looks exactly like this one: Dell D28YY Optiplex 790 Sff Motherboard
Were the 4 cables direct to the router or were they to a wall plate ?

kanewolf

Titan
I use a powerline adapter and 2 of the cables came with the adapter the rest i had lying around. Its been around 2 and a half hours and it hasnt turned off at all so i think the problem might be fixed.
What you need to get to really trouble shoot this problem is a cable long enough to temporarily connect directly to the router.
I would also recommend purchasing new jumper cables for both ends of the powerline link.
These cables are good quality -- https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cat5e-Ethernet-Patch-Cable/dp/B001TMY414/

Nightwinq

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
What you need to get to really trouble shoot this problem is a cable long enough to temporarily connect directly to the router.
I would also recommend purchasing new jumper cables for both ends of the powerline link.
These cables are good quality -- https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cat5e-Ethernet-Patch-Cable/dp/B001TMY414/
its been almost 6 hours and everything is working fine. Im not sure what i did to fix it. I did change my dns server but im not really sure if that had anything to do with it.