Question Ethernet on one device disables another

Jul 6, 2020
Hi for the last few days me and moms pcs (which are the ones mainly using Ethernet) have been having networking issues. When I tried diagnosing it on my pc it worked and connected, however it disabled my moms Ethernet connection, vice versa. Can't seem to figure out why and if this helps my mom's laptop is from her company which restricted a few options like enabling and disabling connections, I can't access them and the company won't give me the password so any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi for the last few days me and moms pcs (which are the ones mainly using Ethernet) have been having networking issues. When I tried diagnosing it on my pc it worked and connected, however it disabled my moms Ethernet connection, vice versa. Can't seem to figure out why and if this helps my mom's laptop is from her company which restricted a few options like enabling and disabling connections, I can't access them and the company won't give me the password so any ideas?
Are you trying to connect to a modem only rather than a router? A modem would only provide a single IP address.

kanewolf

Titan
Its a modem router so I believe that shouldn't happen and we've been using for quite a bit now so I can't seem to figure out why it stopped now
OK. You will need to open a cmd window and run ipconfig.exe /all
Verify that DHCP is enabled on your PC and her laptop. Verify that the IP addresses are the same in the first three sets of numbers but DIFFERENT on the last.

Jul 6, 2020
Found a fix! Somehow.....so while I was diagnosing the pcs they somehow stopped disconnecting each other I'm not sure what fixed it but its done. Thanks everyone! Sorry for using your time

TRENDING THREADS