Ethernet Port Lit RED other one Blinking ORANGE

rgaut27

Commendable
Apr 10, 2018
The ethernet port on my Asus Z270E Strix Gaming is lit red and the orange light is blinking; as far as I know, isn't it supposed to be green..?
It used to be green earlier; its worthwhile mentioning that though the lights are such, internet connectivity does exists and I am getting nearly 1MBps bandwidth, but on the other hand many of the sites don't even open, only few of them are opening, please provide a solution to this..

I assume that your LED is actually orange, might be dark and look red. Per the manual it states orange for the Speed LED is a 100Mbps connection meaning you are not getting Gigabit.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/STRIX_Z270E_GAMING/E12192_STRIX_Z270E_GAMING_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

There shouldn't be another color. Have you tried updating the drivers directly from Intel? The NIC is an Intel I219-V.

Also check the NIC settings under device manager and make sure it wasn't set to 100Mbps link speed.

Which LED?

ASUS_STRIX_Z270_E_GAMING_LAN_Port_LEDs.jpg

rgaut27

Commendable
Apr 10, 2018

The Drivers which I am using is from ASUS official site, and as I said previously it was green so what has happened now and apart from that why is the internet connectivity hindered every now and then; like sometimes Youtube opens and sometimes it just doesn't

rgaut27

Commendable
Apr 10, 2018

It shows
Connection Status: Passed
Cable link Statious: Failed
Link Speed: 100Mbps. The link partner is not capable of higher speeds

Apart from that Cable & Hardware tests are all passed!