Question Ethernet port suddenly stopped working

Jun 23, 2019
Hi, my ethernet port suddenly stopped working but my adapter via usb is working but its very unstable (disconnecting every 15 minutes and i have to replug it) does anyone know why my ethernet port is not working anymore?

Jun 23, 2019
My PC is a couple weeks old with ryzen processor, MSI tomahawk motherboard, 16 gb RAM and gtx 1060 now ethernet has stopped working on my pc completley

D

Deleted member 14196

Test your Internet connection on other devices such as tablets and phones and other PCs even if you have access to some.

Run the troubleshooter on your PC, the network troubleshooter specifically

Jun 23, 2019
I have access to the internet on my phone and my family has no problems and on the adapter it works, i also ran the troubleshooter that said my cable isnt plugged in but it is and ive tried different cables that work fine and i get the same error

D

Deleted member 14196

You can try using system restore and restore your system to an earlier point this will not affect your data. I think Windows update might’ve got you

I had this exact same problem with my HP notebook right out of the box and I had to do a clean windows install to fix it because all their garbage software was messing it up

That little workhorse has been running for years now with no problems

D

Deleted member 14196

OK but if Windows update replaces your driver again you will just need to roll back to your old driver or get the new driver that is made specifically for your adapter from the manufacturers website

You should mark one of the answers as the best answer so that this thread appears solved