Ethernet port without the locking mechanism

tomoakley

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I've recently moved into a new flat and I'm trying to set up some ethernet devices. However, the ethernet ports in the wall don't have any locks on (the bit on the cable that depresses so it can't be pulled out accidentally - not sure what it's proper name is, sorry), so I cannot plug my ethernet cable in as it won't fit into the port. Are these proper, working ethernet ports, and if so what adapter would I need to buy so I can plug my existing ethernet cables into the wall?

Link to a picture of one of the ethernet ports in question.

The landlord told me the flat was built in 2010 and it's in London, UK.

Solution
AAKKHkG.jpg

That is not an Ethernet port/connectivity wall outlet!!! In fact it's for a landline connection for the telephone, last I checked.

This is what the wall outlet should look like,
xwhw_top-650x300.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ruAV5mk-Hc.jpg

with a depression at the bottom(or top) similar to that on your desktops rear I/O panel's RJ45 connector.

Lutfij

Titan
AAKKHkG.jpg

That is not an Ethernet port/connectivity wall outlet!!! In fact it's for a landline connection for the telephone, last I checked.

This is what the wall outlet should look like,
xwhw_top-650x300.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ruAV5mk-Hc.jpg

with a depression at the bottom(or top) similar to that on your desktops rear I/O panel's RJ45 connector.

Solution