[SOLVED] Ethernet speed decreased by 90% after clean install

Aug 29, 2019
I recently reinstalled win 10 due to being on preview builds that broke anti-cheat software thus making it impossible for me to play some games. After the clean install my ethernet speeds have been down 90%

Previously I would get 1GB/s Down and 100MB/s up now I get 100MB/s Down and 50MB/s up. I have pluged the same ethernet cord into my old computer and it gets 1GB/s down and 100MB/s up. So this issue is my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LAN drivers a few times to no success and now I am unsure what to try next. I would appreciate any help.

X570 Asus TUF Gaming Plus (No Wifi)
Ryzen 5 3600@4.2Ghz
Sapphire Nitro Plus Vega 64@1.7Ghz/1.1Ghz
G. Skill Ripjawz DDR4 32G@3600

Are you testing actual internet speeds or are you just seeing what the network connection negotiates to?

Also, I think you mean bits not bytes. Big B = bytes. Little b = bits. E.g. 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s

Please post a screenshot of your internet test (speedtest.net is fine) with both your old computer and new computer.

Turn off power management for the network adapter (at least while testing) and post what your speed and duplex is set to, in advanced settings.

Aug 29, 2019
Are you testing actual internet speeds or are you just seeing what the network connection negotiates to?

Both. Download speeds are around 2.5-15 Mb/s they used to be 80+Mb/s

Also, I think you mean bits not bytes. Big B = bytes. Little b = bits. E.g. 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s

Yes

Please post a screenshot of your internet test (speedtest.net is fine) with both your old computer and new computer.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9326883202
I do not have a post for the old one as I gave it to my friend yesterday however it reported 900+ Mb/s that motherboard was a MSI B350 Gaming Pro

Turn off power management for the network adapter (at least while testing) and post what your speed and duplex is set to, in advanced settings.

Power management is off and I have set the duplex and speed to 1 Gb/s

Aug 29, 2019
Try setting the speed and duplex to 'auto negotiate'.

Something may have happened to your internet/router since yesterday. we need another computer to test.
Try setting the speed and duplex to 'auto negotiate'.

Something may have happened to your internet/router since yesterday. we need another computer to test.

I did to no avail.
Also I had both computers side by side while testing with the same ethernet cord. My computer reported slower. Also my Wifi on my phone is faster than my computers ethernet speed.

Aug 29, 2019
Does Windows 10 have built in drivers for the card? If yes, try them.

Check BIOS network adapter settings.

Go purchase a PCIe card to test. (one that you can return)

Found this issue netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
changed it to : netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Now I'm back to 900+ Mb/s
Thanks for your help though I do appreciate it.

Reactions: alceryes
Solution