Ethernet to Coax connection

Oct 4, 2018
Could the MoCA adapter work in the other way? My wall does not have a coax cable but a box that says Broadband with jacks that work for Ethernet cords not coax cords, so if i use a MoCA devise will it still work? I am getting Xfinity connected but the person who lived there use to have AT&T, so no coax connection is there anymore.

Sounds like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what MOCA does for you.

U have now a cable-delivered broadband, fine. The service comes in on a coax to a modem, fine. So how are you distributing the broadband service throughout the house? A network wants you to have ethernet wall jacks (ethernet 8-pins, not phone jacks 4-pins) but most people don't have that, but people do have coax cabling for TV. MOCA allows the use of TV coax for networking with some performance penalty.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I don't know if they're bi-directional. Givne they're solely marketed for using Coax wiring, I'd expect they're not.

I assume your home is wired with Cat5e or Cat6? If so, any Xfinity only has coax connections on their modem/router, why not just drop either a third party replacement in there? Or ad an access point at the source? Modem/Router from ISP, coax connection to a another router/AP and then ethernet out to your wired home network? Going to be much cheaper than 2x MoCA

Network device with coax connector? Wow, I would have to go back to thinnet 10base2 daisy-chained cabling, I also had the misfortune to have to deal with IBM's proprietary coax-based LAN. But OK, let OP explains himself further.