Question Ethernet Upload Speed <0.1 Mbps

Aug 9, 2022
Hi,
Just got back from abroad and been having this issue. My ISP is Verizon and I regularly get download speeds of >800Mbps and used to get upload speeds well over 100Mbps. Upon returning after 2 months of being unplugged from the wall, my desktop (an iBUYPOWER PC, specs listed below) was getting the same download speed via ethernet, but upload speeds of less than 0.1 Mbps. I updated drivers, replaced the cable, verified that a wireless connection by a USB adapter worked fine (albeit slower, because ethernet>WiFi), verified that the cable was functioning properly by plugging in my laptop and getting ~800 Mbps down / ~200 Mbps down, and found some old threads on Microsoft from 2014 that suggested enabling / disabling IPv4 / IPv6 LSO settings on the controller - no luck. I'm well beyond my technical expertise at this point and am completely lost beyond just buying a USB-Ethernet adapter and trying that. Thanks for the help in advance.

Gaming RDY SLMBG215
CaseiBUYPOWER Slate MONO MR Tempered Glass ARGB
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i5-12400F Processor (6X 2.50GHz/18MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz
Video CardGeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB GDDR6
Storage500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
MotherboardZ690 DDR4
Power Supply600 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home

D

Deleted member 2783327

One possible cause (I experienced this with mine, but may not be your issue);
Looking at your NICs advanced properties do you have settings for Receive Segment Coalescing?
If you do, disable for both IPv4 and IPv6.

https://ibb.co/1XDcvxt