Question Ethernet (USB Tethering via android) extremely slow on Linux Mint.

EGGU

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
As the title suggests, my internet speeds are incredibly slow on Linux Mint, I've recently come from Windows 10 where I saw download speeds of upto 40MB/s (Bytes not bits) yet on Mint, I am seeing peaks of 13KB/s and have no idea what changed.
The cable is the same, USB-C to A running on a USB 3, in the same port as I was on Windows 10. I have tried changing the connection and connection types; including 4G, 5G setting as a metered connection, changing the USB ports and cable, and so far no luck.
Is there any way to fix this, or at the very least get usable speeds? I am comfortable with using the terminal if the instructions are clear.

Just to be clear, the connection does work, it's just very slow, and not just on this phone either, was also tested with other androids and an iPhone 13 to no avail. I have no home router to speak of (My mobile data is unlimited so buying a router is unnecessary)
Another thing to point out is that the connection speed works fine on other systems such as the Xbox 360, Google Chromebook, Nintendo Switch and this same PC but on Windows 10, so the device(s) and network are not the issue.

Cinnamon version: 6.0.4
Kernel version: 6.5.0-41-generic
internet device: Xiaomi Redmi 10 5G
PC Specs:
Intel Arc A380 (Asrock)
Ryzen 3 4100
MSI A520M A Pro
16GB(2 x 8GB) @ 3800MHz(OC)