[SOLVED] Ethernet working fine but not showing at all in windows giving no wifi?

Apr 12, 2022
I was playing valorant last night where i was kicked for error van 152 then my wifi just suddenly stopped working and iv been trying to fix it for around 7hrs does any1 have ideas on how i could fix?

Solution
So, per your post, Ethernet (wired) is " working fine" and you can play Valorant using a wired connection - correct?

However, wireless is not working at all - no wireless network connectivity to your network, Valorant, or any other website - correct?

For the record regarding error van 152:

"An HWID ban means that the Valorant game has flagged your PC system as malicious. If you've been cheating or using third-party apps that affect the game, Valorant can outright ban your whole PC. The HWID ban can last up to 4 months. "

Also:

"An HWID ban appears when the Valorant game or Riot Client recognizes your system and hardware as malicious, thus hitting you with this connection error code. This Valorant ban is not...

Ralston18

Titan
So, per your post, Ethernet (wired) is " working fine" and you can play Valorant using a wired connection - correct?

However, wireless is not working at all - no wireless network connectivity to your network, Valorant, or any other website - correct?

"An HWID ban means that the Valorant game has flagged your PC system as malicious. If you've been cheating or using third-party apps that affect the game, Valorant can outright ban your whole PC. The HWID ban can last up to 4 months. "

Also:

"An HWID ban appears when the Valorant game or Riot Client recognizes your system and hardware as malicious, thus hitting you with this connection error code. This Valorant ban is not something to be taken lightly, since it can last up to 4 months, and ultimately it may not even be your own fault. "

Source: https://theglobalgaming.com/valorant/fix-error-code-152

That is how Valorant may be viewing the situation.

= = = =

Double check your network adapters. Ensure that wired and wireless are not enabled at the same time. Check the network adapters' configuration settings to ensure that the configuration matches the network's configuration settings.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events associated with the loss of wireless network connectivity.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

For the most part you will probably need to contact Valorant to get additional information and assistance.

Solution
Apr 12, 2022

Also:

"An HWID ban appears when the Valorant game or Riot Client recognizes your system and hardware as malicious, thus hitting you with this connection error code. This Valorant ban is not something to be taken lightly, since it can last up to 4 months, and ultimately it may not even be your own fault. "

Source: https://theglobalgaming.com/valorant/fix-error-code-152

That is how Valorant may be viewing the situation.

= = = =

Double check your network adapters. Ensure that wired and wireless are not enabled at the same time. Check the network adapters' configuration settings to ensure that the configuration matches the network's configuration settings.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events associated with the loss of wireless network connectivity.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

For the most part you will probably need to contact Valorant to get additional information and assistance.
I made a misstype which i only just noticed. I use ethernet and ethernet only but its plugged in and windows just wont detect it at all, the device shows in device manager but apparently its still setting up classes even though from my knowledge thats only for wireless adapters?

Does that PC get any access to the internet or is it completely offline.

Is that really all the IP config shows. You have no lines below WINS proxy ?

It generally will show wifi and ethernet interfaces even if they are not working correctly. When they do not display at all then it tends to be a strange driver issue. Most times it is a motherboard driver. Did you reinstall windows recently.

Apr 12, 2022
Does that PC get any access to the internet or is it completely offline.

Is that really all the IP config shows. You have no lines below WINS proxy ?

It generally will show wifi and ethernet interfaces even if they are not working correctly. When they do not display at all then it tends to be a strange driver issue. Most times it is a motherboard driver. Did you reinstall windows recently.
It had wifi access but now its just fully offline but the last time i reset windows was around 2 months ago because i work with malicious code. And yes thats all it shows

Look in the device manager and see if you see the devices there. If not then I am not sure. If it was just 1 device you can think some hardware failed when it is multiple you would think it is some kind of software thing.

If the devices exist maybe windows was being "helpful" and updated the drivers so you could try to get the drivers from the vendor of the wifi card and likely intel for the ethenet. You will of course have to load them from a USB stick.

What you might also try is to get a linux USB boot image. This is a test system that runs entirely from the USB stick and does not damage your windows install. The most common ones have all the drivers loaded for the most common ethernet and wifi chipset. Maybe not the wifi if it is not a common chipset but you should see the ethernet.

If linux works I would try to reinstall windows, there is a option to keep your user files but you will still have to reinstall any applications. If you do that you will need the motherboard drivers so be sure you have them if you do that.

Note if you do not see the devices even in linux then you start suspecting a hardware failure. It would be strange to lose both the wifi and ethernet at the same time though.

Apr 12, 2022
Look in the device manager and see if you see the devices there. If not then I am not sure. If it was just 1 device you can think some hardware failed when it is multiple you would think it is some kind of software thing.

If the devices exist maybe windows was being "helpful" and updated the drivers so you could try to get the drivers from the vendor of the wifi card and likely intel for the ethenet. You will of course have to load them from a USB stick.

What you might also try is to get a linux USB boot image. This is a test system that runs entirely from the USB stick and does not damage your windows install. The most common ones have all the drivers loaded for the most common ethernet and wifi chipset. Maybe not the wifi if it is not a common chipset but you should see the ethernet.

If linux works I would try to reinstall windows, there is a option to keep your user files but you will still have to reinstall any applications. If you do that you will need the motherboard drivers so be sure you have them if you do that.

Note if you do not see the devices even in linux then you start suspecting a hardware failure. It would be strange to lose both the wifi and ethernet at the same time though.
The device shows but it has like a traffuc cone looking thing on it and i cant fox by disabling etc.