Question Problem with Windows default "Photos" application ?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Every time I connect my iPhone to my PC that runs on Windows 10. Its default "Photos" app opens and automatically loads a lot of photos from my iPhone to my PC. But there are a few big problems.

1. It never remembers photo last "loaded", There are two options in Photos that I can see, i.e. Select new(..) and Select all(..). By experience, I think it doesn't load or check for new photos the second time I connect the same device to my computer, but it doesn't, it always starts from zero and takes minutes to load ALL pictures again from my iPhone.

2. There are a few thousands photos on my iPhone, but after taking minutes loading all the pictures, Photos app only shows a few photos, most of the photos have no preview in the thumbnail. Is my computer running out of memory? I don't think so. It runs smoothly.

3. After checking the desired photos, how to send them to my computer? I cannot find such an option.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you using iCloud for Photos and/or OneDrive?

Type "Photos" in the oval Search Window.

The Windows Photos app should be presented. First check the App settings.

Then run the app as Admin.

There are quite a number of options available via Settings (gear icon). Confirm that the options are as you prefer or would prefer.

Then check and follow through on the iCloud Photos menu choice that should be on the left side of the Photos window.

Generally copying photos from the iPhone to Windows systems (or vice versa) has been problematic.

Not always easy to select the desired photographs and copy the photographs to the target drive and folder of the user's choice. Wherever that target destination may be.... iPhone wants iCloud. Windows wants OneDrive.

For the most part I have always had the sense that iPhone and Windows do not play well together (and may not want to).

I have had more success by using Photos Transfer App Windows to move photos from iPhone13 to Window's folders via wired connection.

Key is to work out the default settings and reconfigure as you require if at all possible.

Do remember to always have backups in place that will be left in place when attempting to transfer (Copy) photos in either direction.