Event 41 Task 63 (No BSOD Reboot While Gaming)

May 23, 2018
Hello guys
So recently I was away for about 3 days and before this three days, my PC was working completely fine and I was not having this issue.

Before I start here is my PC specs
Intel Core i5 6500
XFX RX460 2GB Single Fan
1x 8GB DDR4 Avexir Core 2400MHZ
MSI B150M Bazooka MOBO
Corsair VS550W PSU
Windows 10

Recently I installed Destiny 2 and when I started to play it, my PC would automatically reboot with no blue screen. I then tried out other games such as BeamNG.drive and it also happens on that game as soon as I load in. It seems like it only happens on GPU intensive games because whenever I play games like CSGO, it does not happen (well it did happen once). I did a check on event viewer and all it showed was critical Event ID 41 Task 63- Kernel Power.

I did a memory test through window's memory checker tool (forgot the name) and there was no issues. I did a clean install on my video driver and it didnt fix it also. I checked my temperatures and they looked fine. Even while running Destiny 2 (for like 2-3 minutes before it crashes), my GPU and CPU both ran under 60 degrees celcius/ 140 degrees fahrenheit.

Im starting to suspect its my PSU but I have no idea how to really check it cause im not very familiar with the voltages and all that stuff. Another suspicion of mine is my power outlet as I connect my PC to a power strip (it has been the same power strip for almost 3 years now and so far I have never had any issues).

Thanks alot for everyones help in advanced and ill try to respond as soon as I can!

May 23, 2018

Hello,
I tried changing the power outlet but there seems to be no change. Also sadly I don't have another PSU to check with so I will probably take it to a store to have it checked out. For now is there any other ways I can continue checking to make sure what is causing this?

Thanks!

download hardware info set it to logging and sensor. run games and programs and watch your 12v rail. before you load test it check in the bios to see if the 12v rail at 12v or is under 12v.. if it under 12v then under load it may be dropping to where the pc resets.

May 23, 2018

Hello, I downloaded HW Info and I did as you said. I turned on logging and ran BeamNG and my pc rebooted. When i checked the logs, it seems like it did not drop below 12V and its staying at 12.192V.
Does this mean its good or bad?

Heres the link for the logging file
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nSPyRtW076gV5NABBdEV9oTqIvp8XCbY40betlWbyLg/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=110908874371720297333

Thanks!

May 23, 2018

Does this mean that my PC did reboot and I got a log file, means that my power supply is all good?

Also want to add this in, the PC doesnt crash when not on high load (ie: browsing web)

May 23, 2018

Hey! I did another test today, this time on Destiny 2 and my PSU 12V rail dropped below 12 at 11.904. Does this mean anything?

Heres the log, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jgVEqp24qIEEaUBPgXHD-YBr3dwYgwVsuFzDeSLaTok/edit#gid=0

10-11-2018
As of today even when I start a match in CSGO, my PC would also crash, which sucks. I really don't know what to do anymore. I also tried swapping out the RAM for new ones (my bros), changing to different RAM slots, and both. No change, still crashes. I tried removing my mouse, keyboard and microphone USB from the MOBO and it also still crashes.

Also sorry for double posting!
Thanks!