Event: Gigabyte's Global Overclocking Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan NZ

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Bit of a poor article, should of just submitted the article late, and that way you could actually have the two bits people actually care about, chicks AND world records.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Duncan NZ[/nom]Bit of a poor article, should of just submitted the article late, and that way you could actually have the two bits people actually care about, chicks AND world records.[/citation]

Duncan,
I'm following up with the folks in TW for a follow-up with the final results.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
[citation][nom]Duncan NZ[/nom]chicks.... AND ...[/citation]When?

Sorry for the disrespect...not. I like GA, earlier this would have been worth more. Now I want to see the i7, even though I know it's a server chip.

More chicks, sorry I'm a pig.

salsoolo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
[citation][nom]computerninja7823[/nom]sorry i just got to say this......more girls! i like the one in the little black dress......[/citation]
who doesnt

danimoth17

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Just noticed, all the mentions of the Gigabyte boards on display are wrong concerning the GA-P45-UD3 board. You labeled it as a GA-P45-UD3P, which it is not because it has only 1 PCIe 2.0 slot.

There are 3 models
GA-P45-UD3 (shown)
GA-P45-UD3R (different chipset cooler)
GA-P45-UD3P (2 pcie 2.0)

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]danimoth17[/nom]Just noticed, all the mentions of the Gigabyte boards on display are wrong concerning the GA-P45-UD3 board. You labeled it as a GA-P45-UD3P, which it is not because it has only 1 PCIe 2.0 slot.There are 3 modelsGA-P45-UD3 (shown)GA-P45-UD3R (different chipset cooler)GA-P45-UD3P (2 pcie 2.0)[/citation]

I'll have the author take a look, thanks!!

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Sorry GB but a -invite- contest that -excludes- other MB makers sows fear. DFI in open contest has won the worlds OC challenge for over 6 years running.
Go home in shame.

Z

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
[citation][nom]ZOldDude[/nom]Sorry GB but a -invite- contest that -excludes- other MB makers shows fear. DFI in open contest has won the worlds OC challenge for over 6 years running.Go home in shame.Z[/citation]

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
So. When does overclocking enter the olympics ? Seems to be high profile evens these days ....

Though I in general appreaciate toms, I have to say the oc coverage pieces, aren't exactly great though. Neither the msi ones nor the gigabyte actually provide enough information to warrant an article longer than a single page of news. I mean - where are the details of what mods were applied, or what tricks were used, and how (if at all) they work. I bet most of the contestants are capable of english to some extend.
Less pointless images, and more details would be nice. Sure the chicks are nice to look at, but they don't exactly contribute to our knowledge (the redheads are nicely cooked and ready to be eaten).

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
LOL.

The michael phelps of overclocking would be so funny...

""THATS RIGHT NEWB I GOTZ MINE TO 6ghz!! U FAIL!!""

The asians would be all over that competition lawl.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]The_one111[/nom]LOL.The michael phelps of overclocking would be so funny...""THATS RIGHT NEWB I GOTZ MINE TO 6ghz!! U FAIL!!""The asians would be all over that competition lawl.[/citation]
It's over 9000MHz!

Status
Not open for further replies.