Event id 41,computrer restarts itself,after uninstalling the gpu driver, everything comes to normal

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
so i just built a new pc.first it start giving this error on xfx pro XXX series v650 semi modular psu, i replaced it with a cougar 1050w gold 80+, as i connected it and turned the pc on , after half and hour it restarted again. my brother then connect two separate wires of pcie from the psu to the gpu ,it worked like a charm.after one month ,i replaced the hdd with a sdd , everything was fine,after 4 days from the installation of ssd i didnt turn on the computer for two days, as i was busy , and the third day this problem started again.now from that time i have formatted the pc,installed windows several times,done memtest ,and every thing is fine. as i uninstall the gpu driver i don't receive any error and the pc doesn't restarts. i connected te hdd again , that was having te old windows and drivers already installed, but nothing changed. please help!
my specs are
fx8320
asus mobo
128gb hyperx ssd
4 gb kingston hyperx ram
r9 290 windforce oc
cougar 1050 w gold 80+

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

The temps are all normal. Mobo is M5A78L/USB3 - ASUS. Im using "SpeedFan" software to check the temps, and as i said, when i uninstall the gpu drivers the system works fine. :/

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

it looks like the amd catalyst drivers are messing up with the system :/ tried the latest and the oldest versions of the driver after sweeping the drivers from the safe mode but no luck :/

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

Sorry for the late reply,The BIOS version is 2001.

The the 8320 should be OK with your motherboard. To check how your PC is running, can you download HWInfo and run Sensors. Post the results - usually 3 screenshots in TinyPic or similar. This'll show voltages, clocks, temps etc - to see how your hardware is running.

If you have trouble with the restarts, you can boot into Safe Mode (F8 per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode#1TC=windows-7) and disable Auto Restart on Failure.

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

Already disabled the auto restart but didn't helped.

Disconnect the OS drive, connect a PC internal speaker to your motherboard (per the manual), start the PC and see what post/beep code it gives per http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm. Look in your mobo manual to see what sort of bios your mobo uses (ibm or ami). Post the results.

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

it uses the Ami bios, i got a sigle shot beep , which indicates the "DRAM refresh failure"
gonna try putting the rams again one by one.any suggestions ? :/

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
hey there bro , i dont have the disk to install the drivers and i have already tried the newest drivers from the official site, but the beep still didnt went away :/
im goin to rma the board but what if changing mobo too dont fix the problem then ? :/