Event ID 41:Random Restart

avikenjale

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I recently modified my home computer from `Windows 10` to `Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview`. This changes I made to test `Bash On Ubuntu to Windows` to test Linux commands using Bash command line.
Basically I was interested in test .net core from Linux environment.

However, after this, I am experiencing random restart of computer.

Any suggestion?

Colif

Win 11 Master
The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. There may be insufficient information to explicitly define what happened. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

you can get them just by hitting the reset button. it restarted, it created that event on restart... go back a bit and see what else was reported :)

avikenjale

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Hi Colif,

Yes, I did check and there are no information like any breaking things.
This is happening continuously after 25- 30 mins (sleep time), machine gets restart.

Last night what I observed was, it was continuously restarted with same time span and that much even logs were captures under EventID 41. So what I think, instead of going to sleep mode, it is rebooting machine.

Please let me know if more information required from machine to resolve this issue.