[SOLVED] Event Viewer, 45,000 spams of error 10013. I'm going crazy...

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
This is a Windows 10 Pro PC, I'm NOT hosting anything on it. All I do is play some games and watch videos.
lsass.exe I have no idea whats going on...

Screenshot-2021-01-04-211320.jpg

Screenshot-2021-01-04-211853.jpg

Screenshot-2021-01-04-211945.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
"lsass.exe" is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC/Server. It generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service.
Is your windows activated?

is it actually a noticeable error or are you just looking in event viewer? 99% of errors in there can be ignored, they are one offs ... sure, 45k of them are a lot of one offs :)

If its not actually causing a problem for you, you can ignore it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...or-10013/8cf22175-a443-40a9-a85f-a711efbac1d8

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Well thing is, my windows is randomly freezing within 2-3 hours. The freeze lasts about 5-8 seconds (and this is a fresh reset from 2 days ago) and it is still happening. I check event viewer and only timely error is what i posted.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't see a way to fix that event, the one question I found on Microsoft forums points at some Windows IT Pro forum and I can guess its not free. Others point at server solutions.

so any event 41 errors? windows should be creating those after the restart.

what are specs of the PC?

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
No event 41s, it just freezes and comes back. I noticed uninstalling some of the latest windows updates made the crashes happen about 80% less.

win10pro, i9-9900K, 4133x16gb, 2080ti.

I did a DISM & SFC on all drives with no bad results.
Removed CPU & GPU overclocking with no positive or negative impact.
Changed several BIOS settings without any difference.
Reset windows.

I did notice when this first started happening 2 weeks ago, that my audio would go out when the freeze occurred and I would have to plug the jack back in.
This would generate:
Faulting application name: SpaceEngineers.exe, version: 1.0.0.0
Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll, version: 9.29.1962.0

I got an event viewer log saying (last image below) possible corruption - error 1032, so I got CrystalDiskInfo

Screenshot-2021-01-05-182038.jpg

Screenshot-2021-01-05-182407.jpg

Screenshot-2021-01-05-182449.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
silly me, event 41 is after a restart, not a freeze.
almost everyone gets esent errors, those are database errors mostly. Almost everyone gets Dcomm errors as well.
one way to stop getting esent errors is to turn off account sync
Open setting, Account, Sync your setting, turn off the Sync setting.

not trying to stop you looking, just suggesting things that may not be cause. Only real errors you should look at Critical ones.

its possible the freezes aren't seen by windows , or caused by it.

does it happen in safe mode?
do you have latest bios on motherboard?
Intel management engine interface drivers?

If problem exists after a reset it is likely hardware.
does it happen in Ubuntu? thats a simple test to see if it is windows. Run off the USB - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/

caylerose

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
silly me, event 41 is after a restart, not a freeze.
almost everyone gets esent errors, those are database errors mostly. Almost everyone gets Dcomm errors as well.
one way to stop getting esent errors is to turn off account sync
Open setting, Account, Sync your setting, turn off the Sync setting.

not trying to stop you looking, just suggesting things that may not be cause. Only real errors you should look at Critical ones.

its possible the freezes aren't seen by windows , or caused by it.

does it happen in safe mode?
do you have latest bios on motherboard?
Intel management engine interface drivers?

If problem exists after a reset it is likely hardware.
does it happen in Ubuntu? thats a simple test to see if it is windows. Run off the USB - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/

After a lot of madness, I believe the initial crashes were from latest windows updates or latest Nvidia GPU drivers. My last change was going into my BIOS and UNDERCLOCKING my 4133MHz ram to 4000. after that no more crashes or freezes.

Last edited: