Question Event Viewer: "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation" ?

Nulaa

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Hi so for the past few months my pc has been randomly restarting its self, when checking event viewer this is what i found:
"Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Ive searched all online but i dont really understand anything thats going on, would anyone be able to help me?

Hi so for the past few months my pc has been randomly restarting its self, when checking event viewer this is what i am prompt with "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Ive searched all online but i dont really understand anything thats going on, would anyone be able to help me?
Sounds like a power issue if the power just drops out with no hesitation the PC won't have power or time to create a dump file and in which case fail.

Nulaa

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
System specs
?
My specs are
ROG Strix B450 F motherboard
Msi rtx 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB T force 3200 ram
Corsair CX550w Psu
I have 3 storage devices 120 GB ssd, 1TB hdd, and a 1 TB m.2 ssd

For example right now i turned on my computer, loaded up overwatch 2 to check out the new season, and after maybe 10 seconds my computer restarts. It primarily does this when I have a game running e.g. league of legends, valorant, overwatch. These are all the games that it has crashed on.

My specs are
Msi rtx 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB T force 3200 ram
Corsair CX550w Psu

For example right now i turned on my computer, loaded up overwatch 2 to check out the new season, and after maybe 10 seconds my computer restarts. It primarily does this when I have a game running e.g. league of legends, valorant, overwatch. These are all the games that it has crashed on.
Yeah I don't know if that's enough power for your system it may not even be a faulty psu it may just not be the the system getting enough power and straight shutting down

My specs are
Msi rtx 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB T force 3200 ram
Corsair CX550w Psu

From what I can find the absolute minimum recommended you want is 650w, but recommended is 850w for power spikes and future upgrades and add-ons.

Nulaa

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Yeah I don't know if that's enough power for your system it may not even be a faulty psu it may just not be the the system getting enough power and straight shutting down
I found the issue out with some friends, it was a bunch of stuff that was affecting it, outdated bios, corrupted files, full OS ssd. I appreciate the help though!

common reasons for being unable to create a dump file.
  • out of disk space
  • bugcheck in the storage driver
  • drive asleep and not able to wake up.
  • drive disconnected and can not reconnect. (bios hotswap setting turned off)
  • drive firmware problems, drive not responding