Question Ever since June/July of this year every single modern game I try to run on my machine becomes unplayable after a short time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 24, 2024
Ok so, M. Bison is added to SF6 so I decided to buy the season pass, when I went into actual match every single time someone did a super or 10+ minutes passed the game turned into a slideshow and I was forced to Alt F4 out of it while my machine was severaly slowed down still for a few minutes afte that. I was having this issues earlier in the month too but it would happen after an session lasting 1 hour or more. I wasn't a problem with such a game and I had this issue last year too due to the intense heat of that period. I tried to look into fixing this issue for a while to no avail and I gave up. Later on I tried Vladik Brutal (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1316680/VLADiK_BRUTAL/), Space Marine 2 and now Visions of Mana (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2490990/Visions_of_Mana/) and I run in the same crippling issue, I only have this issue with modern 3d games after 20-40 minutes.

My machine:
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming
Windows 10 64bit
AMD Ryzen 7 48000H with Radeon Graphics
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - VRAM 4GB
AMD Radeon Graphics
SSD 500GB
HDD 1TB

I have tried many different things to no avail, I don't know if it's CPU throttling or running out of RAM since it's always around 83%-93% when playing a game. I've tried several things, tried old Nvidia drivers, Clean install of Nvidia drives, clean install of CPU drivers, CPU and RAM stress test gave no issues and i don't recall many negative signs with the usual programs to monitor this things but it could just be ignorance on my end, I also notice that Windows Defender's process is hogging a good amount of ram at all time but I didn't manage to get rid of it in any way, my CPU temps are around 89-90C when i play but they've always been like this and I never had much issues.

I'm at a loss as to what I can do about this, the only concrete thing I can think of is to clean my laptop again and repaste the CPU but I'm scared of doing that also because of how my laptop is assembled.

Oct 24, 2024
I've ran another test after rebooting my pc and keeping discord and Chrome open while also constantly alt-tabbing and in about almost half an hour the game's performacens didn't tank, the phenomenon where after certain amount time ram usage decreased by 10% and more happened again despite discord and chrome in the background. This something I had noticed with all the other games I mentioned earlier, with some exception this issue seems to happen far more frequently after extended usage of my machine and rebooting it makes a whole lot fo things ran smother again. Worth saying that an issue I've always had with my machine where with anything wasn't a nes or snes game there were always moments where they stuttered for a few frames, happened rarely enough for me to not be concerned much about it.