[SOLVED] every 3 seconds or so there's two clicks and i think i've narrowed it down to the psu. anyone know what's going on?

May 19, 2020
just built the computer yesterday. there's these 2 hollow sounding clicks that happen every 3 seconds. is there something wrong?

build:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card
Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA GA 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
It's most likely your PSU, there's not else to go wrong in there except the different fans they'll most likely rumble rather than click. Make sure all the cables are inserted correctly/fully, don't want any arcing - check the power lead to the PSU is correctly inserted too - that has caused a HDD to fail in my old system!

Diddly

Distinguished
It's most likely your PSU, there's not else to go wrong in there except the different fans they'll most likely rumble rather than click. Make sure all the cables are inserted correctly/fully, don't want any arcing - check the power lead to the PSU is correctly inserted too - that has caused a HDD to fail in my old system!

Solution
May 19, 2020
ok i will do that. another question is should the cpu voltage be current or fluctuating while idle?

May 19, 2020
my cpu frequency is also going from 3599-4399 while idling. that doesn't feel right either

May 19, 2020

got it figured out. the fan of the psu was literally not spinning lol. got it working but probably gonna get a new one since it seems to have something in the way as it's not just the normal fan sound when it's spinning