Question Every game crashes to desktop.

May 1, 2024
Hi,
I come with a problem. The game crashes. Game freezes for 3-4 seconds then shuts down and I am on the desktop. And it's different games, overcooked 2, helldivers 2, latest call of duty, elden ring, ghostrunner, battlefield 1 just every game.
Once! I've got blue screen, reference by pointer error. It was when i did turn off hardware acceleration in discord settings.
In the event log when the game crashes there's: nvgwf2umx.dll error, and wwise_pluginw64_release.dll, or just [gamename].exe as error.
I can play 30 minutes, one hour, or just 2-3 minutes, the game crashes randomly.
The things I tried:
Clean windows install (before I had windows 10, now windows 11, still crashes with same error), total format of both drives (I have two, a SATA SSD 128GB, and the other m2 1TB.
I checked to make sure nothing in the computer was loose (cables, graphics card, ram, pressed cables). I removed the graphics card drivers with the DDU program, reinstalled - does not work.
Once even firefox shut down. ("the tab crashed", or something like that)
I checked the drives with crystaldiskinfo program, condition good, temperature 39 degrees on both.
I ran a benchmark (3 times) with 3DMark Demo program - nothing crashed and furmark benchmark, nothing crashed.
I ran a stress test of the processor with the ryzen master program - all fine, max 65 degrees, zero crash.
My components are:
Processor: ryzen 5 5600
Graphics card: zotac rtx 4070
PSU: some old bequiet 650w
Ram: Patriot 16GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 Viper Steel, running on 1.2V
MOBO:ASRock B550 Pro 4
Drive: Kingston 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe KC3000

I'm playing on 180hz 2k monitor if it is important, also i've 2 monitors, one 1080p 60hz, second 180hz 2k)
Imgur link to crystaldiskinfo screenshots.

In advance thanks for help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You need to be specific on this, what is the model and age of your Be Quiet! PSU?

The game crashes. Game freezes for 3-4 seconds then shuts down and I am on the desktop.
Where did you source the installers for the games?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Clean windows install (before I had windows 10, now windows 11, still crashes with same error), total format of both drives (I have two, a SATA SSD 128GB, and the other m2 1TB.
Where did you source the installers for the OS? Did you install Windows 11 standalone or was it via the internal upgrade path? Did you install the OS in offline mode?

If you suspect your SSD being the issue, have you checked to see if the drive is pending any updates?

May 1, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You need to be specific on this, what is the model and age of your Be Quiet! PSU?

The game crashes. Game freezes for 3-4 seconds then shuts down and I am on the desktop.
Where did you source the installers for the games?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Where did you source the installers for the OS? Did you install Windows 11 standalone or was it via the internal upgrade path? Did you install the OS in offline mode?

If you suspect your SSD being the issue, have you checked to see if the drive is pending any updates?
Hello!
PSU: Be Quiet Power zone z1-750w (I thought it's 650w) (I have it for 7-8 years)
Every game is downloaded from steam.
Bios version is: 3.3
First i had Windows 10, the games started crashing, so i did clean install, the games still were crashing, i did clean install of Windows 10 once again and installed Windows 11 via upgrade path. (I didn't installed it in offline mode).
Windows 11 is up to date, there's not any updates available when i'm checking.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024
Is it using one of the new 16 pin high power connectors? Have you checked to make sure all of your power, and connections in general are good and snug?
I do not use new connectors, I plugged in the graphics card along with the power cable (one plug has 6 pins, the other has two and they “connect”) , and “pressed” the ram whether to make sure it's inserted correctly.

TRENDING THREADS