Every time I plug in my PS4 controller into my PC, my internet goes dark (Plus a bonus issue!)

Jul 12, 2018
Okay so. This has never happened to me before, however I've had constant issues trying to use my PS4 controller to play games on the PC.

So this is what is going on

I have a wireless internet adapter plugged into a USB port. This works flawlessly 24/7.

I also have a PS4 controller with the USB cord which I have used to plug into the computer and play using various programs (input mapper, ds4 windows etc). So I decided I wanted to play a game which uses my controller. I plug it in and... my internet immediately is gone. Wtf I say!

I try to unplug and replug in my adaper. Nothing doing. It won't even reconnect. I try to take out the controller and plug in the adapter in the usb slot there, and it pulls up with "wifi 2" like I'm plugging in a whole new wifi it doesnt recognize. Restart computer, everything is back to normal.

Okay that was weird. Try again. Same exact result.

Now, I literally cannot plug in my controller without it killing my internet adapter (and seemingly the USB port its in) until I restart the computer.

What the -HELL- is going on?

(BONUS ISSUE!)
When I do manage to get the controller plugged in and connected, it almost immediately cuts out at complete random no matter what USB port I use (and I used all of them to test). I also thought it might be the cord. Nope. Same issue on multiple new cords. Maybe the controller? Nope! Same issue on every controller (3 different controllers, exactly the same disconnect pattern).

I'm ready to just give up entirely on playing games with a controller on my PC but that also means giving up like 3 or 4 games that I love. Please help me :/

Edit: also, I have Windows 10

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Check 'Device Manager' to see if there's any errors(!'s anywhere). If so, that's a sign that there's a driver issue and that device may need to be re-installed. You might have to re-install to the latest chipset driver & usb drivers for your system(check manufacturer's website for drivers).
There's also the possibility that your PS4 cable is malfunctioning and you may need to replace it.