Every Version of Internet Explorer Acid Tested

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]This is a vanilla copy of Opera, and it works. It works everywhere I use it, including work. I haven't had a single problem with it at Toms Hardware. I don't know why your experience is completely different. I have to use FF sometimes (yes, it sucks, but it's still better than IE and Chrome) like now because some sites that have live sports don't see Opera, but other places like Excite Mail, and my bank were incompatible with Opera (or Opera with them), but now they work fine.[/citation]

IT DOESNT WORK IF YOU use the "wand"

it works if you type your nickname and password MANUALLY...

thg sucks...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I use IE9 now and it works on every site I visit. For Tom's I use compatibility and it works fine (as do many other sites not coded **cough** properly). Could care less about some stupid benchmark that tells me which browser is better - if it works with my sites and servers that's all I care about.

LOL at the guy complaining about the tabs being beside the address bar - there's an option to move it down below if you want. Did you even bother to try IE9 for more than 2 minutes, or was that long enough for you to form your professional opinion?

Pinned sites are also way better in IE than Chrome. Chromes popular sites are nicer with a mini view of the page vs IE's icons, but this is a minor feature.

Still going to keep using IE as I can't think of any good reason to use Chrome.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
IE9: What you use 1 day a month...for Windows Update. In all seriousness though you're an idiot to run IE in any flavor. "Yeah there's loads of better alternatives, but I just feel more fuzzier-er using something from Microsoft". I'll also switch from a Toyota to a Ford because by god they managed to be "as good of reliability"...15 years too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.