Everything Working But No Display. Already Attempted Many Troubleshooting With No Success.

Dec 19, 2018
Hi all,

I know that there are many threads already about this, but my bro and I still haven't had any luck getting my monitor to display anything. This is our first time building a computer and he purchased the parts so I apologize if I can't specify the specs on some of them.

Motherboard: MSI z370-a pro
CPU: i7 intel 9th Gen
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070
Power Supply: Corsair RM550x
RAM: Two 8 GB DDR4-2400 CL 15 288
I have a hard drive that I'm not sure the specs.
SSD: ADATA 2.5 SATA 6 Gb/s

So we put everything together according to the motherboard. All of the LED lights are on the MOBO and GPU. None of the EZ debug lights are on. The fans run. The USB ports work. Everything seems to work. The computer also stays on until we turn it off.

-We've tried plugging DVI-D, HDMI, VGA to the GPU and into the MOBO without the GPU in.
-We've changed to 1 stick of RAM and tried it in different spots (not just the recommended spots which weren't working in the first place.)
-Checked the pins on the CPU/MOBO and all looks in order.
-Checked dirt and things in ports and on MOBO.
-Checked and re-hooked all hookups.
-Tried to reset CMOS by taking lithium battery.
-All standoffs are in place.

I feel like there is more that we have tried as searching through this site and other online sources. I had someone else who built his computer look at it and he has no idea what is happening. Like I said, everything seems to work fine just no signal detected from the monitor (yes monitor and at least the HDMI cord work)

Note: The MOBO did not come with a speaker so we have done nothing with that. Would that help troubleshooting at all? We just want to get to the bios to start our computer!