[SOLVED] Everythings broken

Need Pc Help

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
I used this powershell line iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString <<Link removed by moderator>>
to see about debloating my pc. Now all my games went from "gamename.exe" to "gamename.url" and it removed mail for some reason and the box bottom right in the task bar is now all spread out in a line instead of in the box using the arrow. What did it remove to do this?
The exe to url thing is really whats annoying me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
D
Restore point or fresh windows install. Then, don’t mess with it like this ever again or you will be reinstall again

Anything that says it can remove things from windows will no doubt break other things. I have never seen one of these things work properly hence why my advice to never use them
I used this powershell line iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString <<Link removed by moderator>> to see about debloating my pc. Now all my games went from "gamename.exe" to "gamename.url" and it removed mail for some reason and the box bottom right in the task bar is now all spread out in a line instead of in the box using the arrow. What did it remove to do this?
The exe to url thing is really whats annoying me.
Looks like malware to me. See if you can restore from previous checkpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

Restore point or fresh windows install. Then, don’t mess with it like this ever again or you will be reinstall again

Anything that says it can remove things from windows will no doubt break other things. I have never seen one of these things work properly hence why my advice to never use them

Solution