EVGA 1060 SSC 6GB and AMD Ryzen 5 1600 LOW FPS on most games.

Jun 3, 2018
Here is my rig- https://pcpartpicker.com/b/K97WGX

On GTAO, I cannot get stable 60 fps on all low settings. I also get frequent drops to 30 fps.
On Overwatch, I get around 100 fps on all low settings.
On The Division, I cannot get 60 fps on all low settings.

I monitor my rig with Corsair Link, and my GPU's fan is almost always on. It gets to 1800rpm on GTAV. My CPU is almost never over 40% load however. I usually only have Chrome, Corsair Link, Discord, MSI Gaming App, and Corsair iCue running at the same time with a game active. Also, I always have to quit steam and origin from running in the background or else my GTAV will never be at 60fps. Can anyone please help me? It has been like this for a couple months.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Did you clean install your OS? Your CPU utilization is 40% or less*... what about your GPU?

*Which is totally normal. 40% of 6c/12t = ~5c/t..... still lots of titles that will only utilize ~4c max (+your OS).

The 2666MHz memory will limit you a little, given the way Ryzen chips communicate via infinity fabric, but I wouldn't expect huge drops as a result.

Usually when you have a capable videocard and the framerate doesn't improve much when you drop settings or resolution, it means your CPU is the problem.

In your case you have a good CPU, so it's not that it's too slow, I think it's not running full speed for some reason. Check temps and clockspeed when running a game. MSi Afterburner is good for monitoring stuff like this.

Jun 3, 2018

Actually, my ram is 3000mhz,I will have to change that on PCPartpicker. Also, during games, my GPU utilization is usually at 99 (according to the task manager).

Jun 3, 2018

Temps are usually at around 30c with a watercooler. It is also at around 3.4mhz and goes up to 3.7mhz with the MSI gaming app.

Jun 3, 2018

I am running most games on 1080p 60hz and sometimes on older games i can use 144hz. If discord results in stutters, I still wouldn't see this much of a discrepancy in performance.