Question EVGA 220-PS-1000-V1 80 PLUS Platinum replacement fan

Daryl K

Prominent
Nov 8, 2022
I have the listed PS. 8 years old and still runs great, but the fan is near death and ticking loudly.

Does anyone have a similar EVGA PS that you're replaced the fan on? Any part numbers you can recommend?

The PC in question is in almost constant use, so I'm trying to avoid disassembling the PS to get a part number, reassembling it, ordering the part, then taking it apart all over again to fix it. If I have to do so I will, but I figure it can't hurt to ask around if someone already has a recommended part number.

I wasn't able to find any professional reviews of that unit which may have had a teardown. They don't have the service department they once did, but if you haven't already I'd suggest reaching out to EVGA directly.

If you're using this PSU in an older system it might be worth looking into fan or placement, but if it's a newer build I would suggest replacing it.

Daryl K

Prominent
Nov 8, 2022
How many years warranty did they say the unit came with, from the factory?
https://www.evga.com/products/specs/PSU.aspx?pn=2CE7323D-5ECB-4B03-8B6C-315C96582D65
Says it comes with 7 years, time to replace the unit, not the fan inside it.
Right, it’s well outside of warranty, hence my plan to replace the fan rather than call them up.

Not sure why you would throw away perfectly good 1000 W power supply for a $10 fan. The fans themselves tend to be standardized, it’s really the header pin that I’m most concerned with, although I have a full soldering station and can swap that out if need be.

Anyway, it looks like no one has done it to this particular supply already, so I may have to do a partial opening of the supply to get the specs on the fan and header pin, order it, then take it apart again later.