Question EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra - RGB lights no longer working

H3ndo08

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2016
Hi all,

I've finally arranged my setup in a way that lets me see through the glass panel of my case (not much space so it's been facing away from me for the longest time). However now I have done this, I have noticed that the RGB strip on my GPU is not working. The EVGA logo on the backplate of the card is working ok and controllable via SignalRGB/Precision X1 but no matter what I do the main bar just doesn't light up. I seem to remember turning everything off via SignalRGB at one point as it was too bright, but having uninstalled each program that could be controlling the RGB on the card one by one and testing with each one etc I am now stuck.

It feels like maybe the firmware is messed up? I don't recall ever updating the vBIOS at all and I assume it doesn't just do it itself - not sure how long it has been like this either. In PX1 it is seemingly picking up that the RGB stuff is there and I can select what effect I want on (solid, breathing etc) but only the backplate logo actually does anything. In EVGA LED Sync the card is not detected at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Calum

check through your available motherboard control software LED options.

i've had a few instances where Aura Sync/Armoury Crate, MSI Center/Mystic Light, etc would override available options and be able to fix issues caused by 3rd party apps similar to what you're seeing.