EVGA 450 BT PSU Review: Amazing Value At $25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
S stands for standard. As for the hold-up time, it is measured only in the worst case scenario, which is full load. Unfortunately there is no time to take extra measurements, especially since we want to implement some other tests.

About the inrush current, Cyben''s pdf report covers only the basic in order to be kept at a normal size.

Just curious how the values for hold up would look like at lower loads (I know it's higher). If you do plan on testing it even once at-least do it on a cheaper PSU unit. Testing it on a higher-end unit would defeat the purpose.

And I thought Cybenetics was supposed to give a detailed report. Not including inrush results, etc kind of defeats the purpose.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
The main role of Cybenetics is to provide efficiency and noise certifications. The extra results are just to let people know a little more about a PSU's quality. If Cyben provided everything then it would be a review and not a certification.

HERETIC-1

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Quality,low power PSU's are hard to find-Reason-Quality components cost money.
PSU IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ANY BUILD.....................
RECOMENDED-
Seasonic G360 or G450
Corsair SF450

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
so more cons than pros, calling it decent build quality when almost all cons are related to quality.
lol.
less respect with every review like this..

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
Every product is judged based on its price.

"Almost all cons are related to quality". Actually two our of the six have to do, in a degree, with build quality. Thin cables and overated MOV. Transient response, lower hold-up time, noise and old platform are not build quality related. Build quality has to do with the quality of the components and the craftsmanship unless you imply/understand something else.

You know what I also call decent build quality? A PSU that has a 25C rating and manages to finish all of my tests at much higher ambient temperatures. If its components were crappy then it wouldn't even last a minute under the overload tests, as many other PSUs that have died in my hands so far.

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
cables are still components.
and as well as everything else, it's still directly/indirectly related to quality, no matter if physical parts or design/engineering.
especially since this isnt a box sold by a 12y living in the grandparents basement.

i dont expect a semi modular unit with a 140mm silent fan on this, but i doubt lots of ppl would consider this type of "quality" product, if it was anything else they are using, not even talking about the fact its a name brand that sells very good units.

when did it start to be ok for a product to have more cons than pros?...
doesnt make any sense to me to call it "amazing value".
but i guess thats just me.

logainofhades

Titan

Even then, I would spend the extra $15, and get a Seasonic 430 or Corsair CX450, or better yet $18 for the Seasonic 520 evo. If it is an emergency situation, and your only option is this or a fire starter, then yea, I could see getting this, otherwise no.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/4Vzv6h,fZyFf7,Q7L7YJ,GQX2FT/

Oh yes, fortunately my budgets are never so tight that I can't fit in a Seasonic, or EA-380[D], but for those whose are, this is a MUCH better choice than the Apevia / Logisys / Diablotek crap we normally see at this price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS