EVGA Announces Six Nvidia GeForce GT 710 GPUs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAwNtoHell

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Finaly a single slot and or low profile card to replace the so outdated gt210 for everyone wanting to avoid the use of integrated graphics.

boytitan2

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
The fact fermi cards still sale is funny. On one end man those things look super nice even nicer than evga very own 700 series cards all the way up to their lower end 740s. Weird so much design went into a graphics card that is worse than this generations integrated graphics desktop side. Only use these cards have are for older systems. Then again they are better than integrated graphics for intel untill you get to skylake.

boytitan2

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
The need for these are mutil-display clients that need to always run that require more horsepower than integrated graphics can. On a per-watt basis these still beat APU's

Even on outdated lithography, I would still probably take a 45W APU over a CPU + one of these on a per watt basis as well as overall performance. For example the A8-7600 or A10-7800 can both be configured to run at 45W. This card has its place I am not arguing that, but for any system that leans on the graphics, if those are my choices, I'd take the APU.
The need for these are mutil-display clients that need to always run that require more horsepower than integrated graphics can. On a per-watt basis these still beat APU's

Even on outdated lithography, I would still probably take a 45W APU over a CPU + one of these on a per watt basis as well as overall performance. For example the A8-7600 or A10-7800 can both be configured to run at 45W. This card has its place I am not arguing that, but for any system that leans on the graphics, if those are my choices, I'd take the APU.
Not many companies use amd. In the corporate world intel dominates meaning these gpus would be a upgrade for any intel cpu not using skylake or running iris graphics. A desktop system with a intel cpu all the way up to haswell needing more gpu power or needing to run multiple displays would have a case for this graphics card.

From Nvidia's page:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-710

Make your entire PC experience faster with the new NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 710 dedicated graphics card. Now, you can enjoy up to 10x better performance than integrated graphics in all your favorite PC applications. Gaming is even up to 80% faster, while delivering rock-solid reliability and stability with GeForce Experience™.

http://s19.postimg.org/v1hjqq3qb/nvidia710.png
nvidia710.png

I think they're awesome! Sometimes we just gotta appreciate the low-end stuff. Especially in this delicate form.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Not many companies use amd. In the corporate world intel dominates meaning these gpus would be a upgrade for any intel cpu not using skylake or running iris graphics. A desktop system with a intel cpu all the way up to haswell needing more gpu power or needing to run multiple displays would have a case for this graphics card.

Well you see, I was replying to a post that specifically called out this as being more efficient than APUs. Hence why I was talking about... APUs. What you're talking about is a different animal altogether.

However, since you brought it up: A lot of systems in the corporate world require either A) Minimal GPU power, and thus even previous-gen integrated Intel graphics is good enough or B) Real GPU power, in which case a lowly 710 won't cut it. There are uses for a GPU like this. I'd maybe stick something like this in a Xeon system that lacks an iGPU and requires a display but otherwise doesn't need graphics performance.

Finaly a single slot and or low profile card to replace the so outdated gt210 for everyone wanting to avoid the use of integrated graphics.

I... can't tell if you're being serious. I hope not, cause they have tons of low profile options already out there and some single slot options (though I hate single slot cards, myself). :D

First off, why are you naming yourself off AlexTheBlue the moderator? Secondly, there is also in between, someone who needs a 4K resolution which integrated won't support, and maybe a bit of CUDA support.

Zed95

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Well it was just obvious that this was the next step for EVGA to take, I mean just look at it: gtx 980, 970, 960, 980ti, 950, gt 710. What. o_O

People should realize that the GT 710 does not use fermi as some seem to claim in the comments. These are Kepler parts. The GT 710 is also pretty much identical to the GT 720. The GT 730 has three versions, one of which is Fermi (and is a piece of garbage) and the other two are Kepler (one DDR3 and one GDDR5) with the same GPU as the GT 710 and GT 720, but fully enabled whereas the GT 710 and GT 720 have half of their cores disabled. The GT 710 is better than most integrated graphics short of Iris Pro.

That said, I agree with others in that making six versions of the GT 710 priced similarly to much better cards like the GT 730 (Kepler) is a little odd. People will buy them, but not because they're good values or anything like that. There are cheaper GT 710 cards out there. At least they aren't really bad like the Radeon 5450 was.

alextheblue

Distinguished
First off, why are you naming yourself off AlexTheBlue the moderator?

Can you repeat that in English??

Secondly, there is also in between, someone who needs a 4K resolution which integrated won't support, and maybe a bit of CUDA support.

I already said there are uses for it, I even named a situation where I'd use it. But for the most part, most corporate machines won't have a use for it. If you need CUDA you'd be much better off spending a few dollars extra and getting a 730 GDDR5 model. Twice as powerful. But yes, every model has its place. I only disputed that it was needed widely in corporate settings.

alextheblue

Distinguished
My sentence was properly formed in English. The moderator on this website is named AlexTheBlue. You are names alextheblue... why did you use his name?

No sir, you are confused . *I* am AlexTheBlue. At some point, they overhauled the website and it removed the Capital Letters in my username. I don't think it would even be possible to create a username with the same letters - I certainly hope not. I've been a regular reader of TH(G) since the late 90s back under Doc Thomas Pabst. I finally registered in 2001 so I could yack in the comment section. Now you've made me feel old. >.<

G

My understanding is that the graphics capabilities of these inexpensive cards might worse than the built-in gpu capabilities on most current Intel Core i5 and i7 cpus. Not worth buying unless your cpu does not have built-in graphics and the motherboard's is worse.

G

My understanding is that the graphics capabilities of these inexpensive cards might worse than the built-in gpu capabilities on most current Intel Core i5 and i7 cpus. Not worth buying unless your cpu does not have built-in graphics and the motherboard's is worse.

Oh, my comment is based on this Linus Tech Tips YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp6ltBCMDCE

wildapple

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
From Nvidia's page:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-710

Make your entire PC experience faster with the new NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 710 dedicated graphics card. Now, you can enjoy up to 10x better performance than integrated graphics in all your favorite PC applications. Gaming is even up to 80% faster, while delivering rock-solid reliability and stability with GeForce Experience™.

http://s19.postimg.org/v1hjqq3qb/nvidia710.png
nvidia710.png

Well, maybe they mean the integrated cards in older CPUs and Atoms, Celerons, Pentiums ... like the Intel HD series or even older GMA xxx/xxxx integrated chips ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.