[SOLVED] EVGA Customer help

Jun 27, 2021
Is any EVGA fans know there Customer care? I'm playing to get an old GPU to turn it in to a water block loop so I can learn how to built it. I hear EVGA can help out if I Accidentally damage it.

Solution
Unlikely. Most companies, aside from very specific endeavors, will immediately invalidate any warranty coverage the second you start modifying the card, or whatever kind of hardware it is, in a way that it was not intended to be used. Obviously it goes without saying that in some cases, like where they sell coolers specifically intended for use with certain hardware, that is probably not going to invalidate the warranty if it still has one, but you'd better know exactly what you are about before doing so.

How "old" is this "old GPU" and what do you mean by "turn it into a water block loop? Do you mean, "remove the cooling fans and add a water cooled loop to it"? Is this loop something that was intended for use with this card or are you...
Unlikely. Most companies, aside from very specific endeavors, will immediately invalidate any warranty coverage the second you start modifying the card, or whatever kind of hardware it is, in a way that it was not intended to be used. Obviously it goes without saying that in some cases, like where they sell coolers specifically intended for use with certain hardware, that is probably not going to invalidate the warranty if it still has one, but you'd better know exactly what you are about before doing so.

How "old" is this "old GPU" and what do you mean by "turn it into a water block loop? Do you mean, "remove the cooling fans and add a water cooled loop to it"? Is this loop something that was intended for use with this card or are you intending to build some kind of custom loop from scratch?

Reactions: spentshells
Solution
Jun 27, 2021

How "old" is this "old GPU" and what do you mean by "turn it into a water block loop? Do you mean, "remove the cooling fans and add a water cooled loop to it"? Is this loop something that was intended for use with this card or are you intending to build some kind of custom loop from scratch?

Bitpower, EKWB, Corsair sells water block for GPU I can attach myself and EVGA has some kind of Customer care that allows to them to take it in. i don't know if its for newer cards only or any product

If you buy your product new and register it you are covered by EVGA.
Buying a used card without a store receipt does not qualify for warranty coverage.
If the seller has warranty coverage on the card it can be transferred for the remainder of the warranty to the new owner.
EVGA cards do not have universal warranty coverage. you must meet certain conditions.
With that said they have some of the best customer service as long as you have a valid warranty.

If you buy your product new and register it you are covered by EVGA.
Buying a used card without a store receipt does not qualify for warranty coverage.
My other point, exactly. Thanks guys. I was short on time when I answered but between the three of us, this should really be all the answer needed. Old card, no warranty, modify cooling system = on your own if you have a problem, especially with an old card ALTHOUGH as I did ask, and got no answer, about what the model of this card is, who can say?