Question EVGA FTW3 2080 Ti Problem

Feb 12, 2019
Hey, I'm sort of desperate here. I recently purchased a 2080 Ti for a new build I'm saving up for, and thought I'd use it in my old computer first. Problem is, my games look beautiful up until they crash. Constantly my GPU freaks out on me and crashes. I'm sure its the GPU because my previous one did nothing of the sort. Also on my desktop, when I am doing nothing, at the top of the screen there is a black flickering, not like pure black but it dims and then comes back really fast. I also have Wallpaper Engine so I can see lag in my background. It drops frames on a desktop background. I'm thinking theres maybe something to do with G-Sync? (I have a Gsync primary monitor but my secondary is not.) If anyone can help me determine the cause of the problem and a fix, that would be appreciated. Let me know any more info you may need. (I have the latest drivers and am using no third party cables)

Old computer specs: Win 8.1 64 bit, i5 4690k, 16G DDR3 (11-11-11-28) RAM, MSI Z97 Mobo,

Feb 12, 2019
One more thing, the lag on the monitor specifically starts when I bring another window up on the monitor, and it doesn't go away for a long time after that. I'm not sure if the flickering has started on its own at all or not.