Question EVGA G6 SUPERNOVA Coil whine ISSUE - CPU Stress APP Question

May 5, 2022
Hello
I think I am in very unique situation. So, My brand new EVGA G6 is experiencing coil whine issue - very annoying low frequency sound.
However, this happens only when the CPU is on idle (1-2% utilization). As soon, as the CPU utilization jumps to about 10% the annoying sound stops. Due to certain reasons, I cannot return or use warranty to replace the PSU so I was wondering if there is some kind of CPU stress app that I can run in the background hidden at all time that will use about 10% - 20% of the CPU power so that PSU sound is always stopped. Currently, I am using link removed this one (Threads 6 and Power - 25%). However, it is annoying that every time I have to turn my PC on I have to open browser then set the settings etc. If there was an App that I can run in background instead it would be amazing. If anyone has suggestion please let me know. Thank You!

update: I am using Windows 11 as operating system

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2022
are you sure it is coil whine and not some issue with the fan?
Yes its surely some kind of electrical component that’s producing the sound since fans are off when psu is idle or under 40% or less load(I have eco mode enabled) Also, its seems that the sound is at such frequency that older people can’t hear it. I and my brother can while my patents can’t Xd.

i am so sad that such an expensive psu didn’t meet my expectations. G6 psu series is one of the most expensive series evga is selling and i paid that much because i needed quiet computer…... Packaging was amazing though. Never gonna buy evga product ever again.