[SOLVED] EVGA GM 450 PSU Self Test? Please help!

Jun 3, 2019
My EVGA SuperNova GM 450 (SFF PSU) just arrived today. I've had bad experiences with faulty PSUs in the past, so I was trying to test this out. However, the PSU is apparently auto-eco mode. Apparently the fans won't spin while below certain temps/wattage. How do I use the self tester to make sure the PSU actually works?

When using the self tester (for the 24 pin connector) and turning on the PSU while plugged in, I hear a soft click, a pause, the fans jump and spin, but then quickly fall back to 0. What can I do to make sure this unit is not faulty? I'm not sure if the spinning for half a second and then stopping is because of the eco mode or the unit being faulty. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Modular-Warranty-123-GM-0450-Y1/dp/B07JFLNG3B

Solution
I don't have the mobo ordered yet. Just bought the PSU first and looking to make sure it's not faulty :(

I mean what you're describing, considering its auto eco, sounds like proper operation, but thats all you can really do without a motherboard. Like I said, it won't break anything, and thats a quality unit.
Jun 3, 2019
I've never in my life seen a PSU, even the worst one ever made, damage equipment straight out of the box. Hook it up and try it you're not going to break anything. There is no switch to get around that eco mode.

I don't have the mobo ordered yet. Just bought the PSU first and looking to make sure it's not faulty :(