EVGA GTX 750 ti installation problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vaft

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Hey guys, this is my first post on this website so I'll try to be as unambiguous as possible, I ordered an EVGA Geforce GTX 750 TI Superclocked a few days ago and it got here today, I can plug it into the motherboard and hook up the cables just fine, but my computer freezes for several minutes when it gets to the BIOS screen and then it goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore.

I've looked for several hours online about this but I can't find any solutions for me, I don't think it's issues with my specs because I plugged my other card back in and the computer runs properly, but just for safety measures I'll post my specs

BIOS: Gigabyte technology Dual UEFI version 04.06.05

Processor: Intel i5-2400 3.10 ghz w/ 4 CPU'S

8 gigs of RAM

my DX is DirectX11

If you guys need any more information I'd be glad to give it, I also appreciate any help at all, cheers.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

It depends on the mobo company on how you can do bios flashes. Asus has a program that you can flash within windows without making a boot usb stick and putting the flash on that. But you could be right, never had Gigabyte board before.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

So you're saying that you couldn't flash your bios? If so then contact Gigabyte. I'm not sure if what Usman did was on a Gigabyte mobo so I would suggest contacting Gigabyte on the phone and perhaps they can help you with the flashing problem. Or maybe look on youtube but if you don't feel good about doing this then don't and ask Gigabyte.