Evga GTX 970 SSC

Dobbs4556

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Hey all, So I just upgraded from a GTX 960 FTW edition to a 970 SSC and was Doug some regular and OC benchmarks today. I got a stable OC using precision X at +155 core clock and +170 on memory. Was getting around 1548mhz running Valley Benchmark. However after finding the right OC and it lasting the benchmark test I tried playing ESO and bam, crashed. Restarted and lowered the levels and it still kept crashing. Even at +75 on both it was freezing. Not sure what's going on, any input would be nice. I usually never have issues and turn to these forums for advice (just search and read) but this is my first post. Thanks for any help or input!

Solution

Yeah as I said many games don't like overclocks. For example I've overclocked my R9 270 and GTA V will crash very often when I run it at 1150MHz core clock while Witcher 3 will be fine, but it will have no issues at 1145MHz. Similarly, Fallout 4 simply HATES graphics card overclocks.

Try other games like CSGO, Witcher 3, GTA V etc. Some games are REALLY sensitive about GPU OC. In the meantime just run ESO with stock settings.

Dobbs4556

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks, CS:GO ran fine, the first Bioshock ran very choppy as well. About to run MGS:5 on stock as well as OC. I know the SSC will run anything stock fine, but whats the fun in that.

Yeah as I said many games don't like overclocks. For example I've overclocked my R9 270 and GTA V will crash very often when I run it at 1150MHz core clock while Witcher 3 will be fine, but it will have no issues at 1145MHz. Similarly, Fallout 4 simply HATES graphics card overclocks.

Solution