EVGA GTX 980 ti black screen during gaming

Oct 11, 2017
Okay I'm at wits end;
My 980 ti falters and the screen cuts to black after game runs for a minute or two.

Details;
MOBO: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 overclocked
GPU: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW 6gb
16gb ram
700w PSU
All parts that need coolers have coolers, and temps are normal across the board

Here's what goes down:
I'll use my computer for casual/work business, and everything is hunky-dory; no faults, I use Photoshop or Premiere and no crashes, video and data applications run fine, and any tiny games that are less than a gb in size run fine.
It's when we get into things that have some actual graphic requirements that things get screwy.

I've tested DOOM, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein, and XCOM 2, and all of these games black screen after only a few seconds of me hitting the 'resume game' button. (XCOM 2 lasts the longest, at a few minutes, but crashes at the After Action report).

I sent the card to EVGA for an RMA because they were stumped and they said they would cover it. This was after we ran every Temp test, driver un- and re-installs, 12v test, Cinebench, and everything else. There are no more tests to run. I even checked my card's alignment to make sure it was seated correctly and not causing damage to the PCIe port.

I'm at wits end, and my only thoughts left are the CPU or the PSU, but I want to know what you guys think.

Oct 11, 2017

I put in an order for a Rosewill Gold 850 shortly after posting the original question. it was closer to what my budget constraints would allow. I was hoping it was the PSU from the get-go, Will be testing it as soon as it arrives

No Rosewill, cancel it if you can.... You don't want a poor quality PSU damage your good components once it breaks down... What is your budget? Living in US? will help you find one.