News EVGA Implements Queue-Based RTX 30-Series Ordering System

Aaron44126

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
This is great but they should raise the window to more like 12 hours... I can imagine people with busy work schedules, or maybe people who work odd hours and might be sleeping when the email arrives, will be a bit disgruntled if they miss it. :-\

hypocrisyforever

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
This is pretty awesome quite honestly. EVGA once again leading the pack on customer service. Also, to those complaining about the 5 hour window, remember, the typical window is less than two minutes with the current demand and bot competition. 5 hours sure beats 2 minutes.

Reactions: Shadowclash10

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
So what's to stop someone from creating 10 (or more) accounts and e-mail addresses and placing them into the queue? They should also screen on IP addresses. Not perfect but it adds another layer of validation.
Account's require an address and a phone number. You're not going to be able to completely stop people from creating multiple accounts, but that should be enough to prevent people from setting up 10 or more.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So what's to stop someone from creating 10 (or more) accounts and e-mail addresses and placing them into the queue? They should also screen on IP addresses. Not perfect but it adds another layer of validation.
Honestly nothing is going to stop them. There are enough free emails, SIP, and VPN options to take many spots in queue.
However unless they line these all up at once they are going to trickle out over time with no time line of availability. Versus 10+ cards all at once to go list and try and sell off.

Also if 5-10 new registrations/queue entries all hit in quick succession and are mostly idle with no other activity other than queue it gives EVGA time to scrutinize everyone waiting in line pre purchase.

It’s not perfect, but it’s a start.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
If someone still wonders why everybody dislikes rich people, just read above my comment...
Well, having actually lived in a Soviet-bloc nation, I'm cognizant of the futility of what's being suggested here. Whenever prices aren't allowed to properly equalize, there will always be scalping. Always. Even Stalin couldn't stop scalping with lengthy prison sentences in Siberian gulags, and you think you're going to solve it with a queue and an address check? For every convoluted contortion you come up with, scalpers will find a way around -- a hundred ways around. You have a better chance of repealing the Law of Gravity than you do the Law of Supply and Demand. Why not learn from history, instead of repeating it?

Reactions: NewJohnny

veldrane2

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
While I suppose some queue is better then none its still unusable for myself and a great deal of people due to the 5 hour limit,

These cards usually start selling at 6AM, meanwhile, I work Mon-Fri 6am-4:30pm and 6am-2:30pm on Saturdays. My mobile connection at work is too abysmal to make transactions and there is no way in hell I will do it on company computer.

So a queue with 5 hour limit is kinda pointless. These things need to be available for people to purchase in afternoons and evebibgs as well as mornings.

Reactions: Shadowclash10

ThunderJoe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is great but they should raise the window to more like 12 hours... I can imagine people with busy work schedules, or maybe people who work odd hours and might be sleeping when the email arrives, will be a bit disgruntled if they miss it. :-\
As of yesterday, it's actually 8 hours.

If only they hadn't <Mod Edit>up the design. I've been a fan of EVGA's design precisely because they always had at least one clean looking card, but the 3000 was a let down. The only card that isn't over the top is the Hybrid version, and god knows how much that would cost.

Last edited by a moderator: