EVGA Introduces The PQ PSU Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Good criticisms, although I don't think semi-modular is worth complaining about, as the only fixed cables are must haves anyways(disclaimer, I have nothing but fully-modular units in my machines, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a semi, if the "deal" was right).

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
My only concern is that at this price level you get fully modular PSUs. Of course there is nothing wrong about semi-modular PSUs, although I highly prefer fully modular ones :)

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

I guess my question is, would that be a price criticism or a criticism of it not being fully modular? Because I agree with you, if they're charging fully modular prices, then it should be fully modular, or they should charge semi-modular price.
Aris, I think you do all of a us a huge service with your PSU reviews. New builders don't always realize that the PSU is the single most important part of their build. Keep up the good work.

KD_Gaming

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
The only reason you would need a fully modular psu ever is if you planed on replacing the cables with some color matched cables for a show type look.
Oh and madmatt30, it's actually a good amount more than 2cents. Figure 2% difference with say average user gaming load of 300watt is 60 watts per hour. Average 10hrs a week light load. 2.4kwh extra per month. At my electric cost that is about 2$ a month in savings for only 10hr usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.