EVGA KBoost Temperature

ISetsunaI

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
When i crank up my fans all the way up and K-Boost is on for my EVGA SC 970 Card, it always seem to stay at a temperature of 35-45. Is this a green flag for me to allow it to be on K-Boost the whole day or am i missing something?

Solution
K-Boost as I understand it is a setting that turns off the Voltage throttling to give you better stability when over clocking. It locks your voltages in to your max setting which can cause temperature problems depending on how you have your voltages set. If it is not getting above 45c then you are probably good. Personally if I was not doing any over clocking I would just turn the K-Boost off. It is not going to give you any performance gains.

JimF_35

Distinguished
K-Boost as I understand it is a setting that turns off the Voltage throttling to give you better stability when over clocking. It locks your voltages in to your max setting which can cause temperature problems depending on how you have your voltages set. If it is not getting above 45c then you are probably good. Personally if I was not doing any over clocking I would just turn the K-Boost off. It is not going to give you any performance gains.

Solution