[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2080Ti Furnace

Aug 2, 2020
Hi I'm just posting here wondering if there is anything I can do in regards of cooling down the absolute furnace that is my GPU even under light loads.

My Specs:
Case: NZXT H510
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU: I9-9900k
GPU: RTX 2080 Ti
RAM: Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
PSU: EVGA 850 B5

-- Now I know that this card in particular just runs warm but I'm just curious what people with this card normally does?

Solution
The H510 isn't THAT bad, if it's set up correctly; most people do it wrong, so that doesn't help it's case.

With that hardware, the optimal setup would be:
A)The large radiator space should be reserved for the hottest part between the gpu and the cpu here; in this situation, it's the gpu. It should be setup to a 240 or 280mm Asetek-made liquid cooler using a Kraken G12 - or EVGA's Hybrid gpu cooler kit, if you have a FTW3 card.
Since the 2080Ti is equipped with GDDR6 memory, thermal pads and heatsinks will be needed for the memory.
Also, the AIO/CLC fans should be set to pull air through the rad - avoid push.

B)The cpu is left to be cooled on air. Put the strongest air cooler you can fit in there on it.
Done.

All that said, the...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Can you provide what these temperatures actually are? It's hard to diagnose anything through metaphor. If you had only 40 FPS in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, I'd understand the degree of the problem better than if you said your Call of Duty Modern Warfare was "slower than molasses in a Siberian winter."

Aug 2, 2020
Can you provide what these temperatures actually are? It's hard to diagnose anything through metaphor. If you had only 40 FPS in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, I'd understand the degree of the problem better than if you said your Call of Duty Modern Warfare was "slower than molasses in a Siberian winter."

Idle temps for the 2080 Ti sits around 45 degrees
CPU has never gone over 55 so far

Once I start playing something my GPU shoots up to around 77 degrees

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The H510 isn't THAT bad, if it's set up correctly; most people do it wrong, so that doesn't help it's case.

With that hardware, the optimal setup would be:
A)The large radiator space should be reserved for the hottest part between the gpu and the cpu here; in this situation, it's the gpu. It should be setup to a 240 or 280mm Asetek-made liquid cooler using a Kraken G12 - or EVGA's Hybrid gpu cooler kit, if you have a FTW3 card.
Since the 2080Ti is equipped with GDDR6 memory, thermal pads and heatsinks will be needed for the memory.
Also, the AIO/CLC fans should be set to pull air through the rad - avoid push.

B)The cpu is left to be cooled on air. Put the strongest air cooler you can fit in there on it.
Done.

All that said, the thermals you've got aren't bad though.

Solution