Question EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra temps

S4H4R4

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Hey guys!

Recently me and my brother bought an evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra for each pc we have.
After installing the cards in both pc’s, we opened up Aida64 extreme (portable version) to check if the temps are okay or not. So the cards are running 62C on idle and 82C while gaming and sometimes hitting 87C, according to Aida64.
But Windows task manager’s gpu tab also got a function recently to show the gpu temps. And somehow it shows 59C at idle state and 73C when gaming.
Cod Warzone’s built-in HUD gpu temp tab shows the same value as windows task manager gpu tab.

which one shows the real value?
what is the maximum safe temperature for an evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra?

These are the cases that we are using: Corsair spec-02 and corsair 275R TG
No cable or anything is blocking the airflow from the cards.
Ambient/room temp is 25C.
Drivers are up to date plus using the latest bios for mobo. Also my brother’s mobo speaker was beeping 1 long 3 short, which means gpu error as far as I know, but I read on other forums that this beeping happened to a lot of person with older mobo’s and RTX 30 series cards.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021
Hey guys!

Recently me and my brother bought an evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra for each pc we have.
After installing the cards in both pc’s, we opened up Aida64 extreme (portable version) to check if the temps are okay or not. So the cards are running 62C on idle and 82C while gaming and sometimes hitting 87C, according to Aida64.
But Windows task manager’s gpu tab also got a function recently to show the gpu temps. And somehow it shows 59C at idle state and 73C when gaming.
Cod Warzone’s built-in HUD gpu temp tab shows the same value as windows task manager gpu tab.

which one shows the real value?
what is the maximum safe temperature for an evga rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra?

These are the cases that we are using: Corsair spec-02 and corsair 275R TG
No cable or anything is blocking the airflow from the cards.
Ambient/room temp is 25C.
Drivers are up to date plus using the latest bios for mobo. Also my brother’s mobo speaker was beeping 1 long 3 short, which means gpu error as far as I know, but I read on other forums that this beeping happened to a lot of person with older mobo’s and RTX 30 series cards.
I have the same card and had the same isue

what i did was download Precision X1

goto Fan Curve Control and select Preset Aggressive , it was on Stealth

my desktop temps have gone from 55 upto 62 now its down at 28c

also I used MSI Afterburner to undervolt my card @1v at 1800MHz

hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS