News EVGA Starts To Kill GPU Queue Orders As Inventory Normalizes

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Their queue was VERY long, particularly on the mid-range models, and they give each person (account) that signed up 20 hours to place their order. That is going to add up very fast.

How is it EVGA's fault they couldn't source the model you were in the queue for?
Honestly I'm expecting there to be a lot of upset customers who will do something like swear off EVGA. I've been in the queue since around week 1 or week 2 of launch and the only update I got was they put me in the queue for the LHR models. Then they announced they were discontinuing the program. Which means waiting in queue was a waste of time if I really wanted a card because now I have to go through the same channels as everyone else.

EVGA should've at least serviced those who were in a queue first while trickling stock to first come, first serve.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I was after FTW3 3080 and 3080Ti myself, I imagine those queues were shorter. I think I signed up in early 2021, got an offer in April of 2022. Though I had already bought a FTW3 3080Ti through the Newegg shuffle by that point, September 2021 if I recall.

With the market settling out, it didn't seem to make sense to buy another one and attempt to sell it. And I certainly had no need for another card that powerful.

Oddly have my eye on an entry level Intel GPU, just for giggles.

Reactions: 10tacle

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
How is it EVGA's fault they couldn't source the model you were in the queue for?
I put several 3080 and a couple 3070 models on my notify queue back in 2020. Never got one (I only wanted one -- not everything with a queue entry). Saw those same EVGA models show up for sale on Amazon and BestBuy multiple times in 2021 while prices continued to rise. Today in 2022: still no notifies. Seeing EVGA toss out the queue makes me feel like they lied to me and never had any intention of selling me a GPU.

I do understand that the notify queue is probably full of people who no longer want the GPUs. Most of those notifies are likely not resulting in sales anymore. That would easily explain why the queue would be thrown out. Honestly, I wouldn't buy today either. EVGA should still send out a private link to those in the queue still interested in buying (just not individual links).

Reactions: lancelot123

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I signed up only for a 3080FTW3 Hybrid - likely a big mistake on my part - back in early Jan '21.
Gave up in May due to running out of patience, the psu transient issues, and the on board fuze poppings to dead gpu.

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
EVGA's queue is a joke. They never emailed me when they became available. However, I wasn't going to pay $1100 anyway. The 3080's seem to be stuck at ~$1000.

I was after FTW3 3080 and 3080Ti myself, I imagine those queues were shorter. I think I signed up in early 2021, got an offer in April of 2022. Though I had already bought a FTW3 3080Ti through the Newegg shuffle by that point, September 2021 if I recall.

^^That is exactly how I got my 3080 Ti FTW3 (NewEgg force bundled with a mid-range EVGA 850W PSU I did not want). I hit that Shuffle program (and MicroCenter's) and jumped on it in late August last year. $1399 for the GPU (the EVGA direct price too) and $169 for the PSU which I never used and is only a backup still in its box.

I just received my email notification two days ago about the queue dissolution and got in line in late July last year. Nearly a year later EVGA just tells us. I had forgotten all about it and know I will never go through them directly for anything except a warranty claim (which I've had to do one time many years ago for one of my two GTX 970s in SLI - an easy process, got a credit back towards a new GPU as the 970s were replaced with the RTX 1070). They still have the best customer support in the business.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I was happy to get just the GPU for MSRP, nothing else bundled.

EVGAs attitude towards water cooling is why I stick with them. They don't care what you did with the card as long as you return it reassembled with no damage.

I still go through their b-stock on occasion looking for interesting things. Obviously not that useful the last two years, but I will resume the practice shortly. How I got my GT1030 passive well under the going rate.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I've been in queue since Dec 2020 and I still haven't been able to get one. I'm literally never buying anything from EVGA again.
I suspect the problem is because of the price. If you queue up for the GPU on EVGA’s site, I suppose they should be selling them at MSRP or something along that line. But when miners are knocking on every GPU manufacturers’ door with a 2x fatter cheque for all their GPUs, who do you think the manufacturers will sell to? Not only do they earn more from miners, they also don’t have to worry about after sales warranty since mining cards are generally implied to have no warranty, especially if the manufacturer is aware of the usage.