evga supernova 1000 p2 popped

Trevor_

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
So long story short my pc shut off while playing a game and I heard a pop right after coming from it, so half of my house's electricity went off so once that was fixed I tried turning on my pc, and some weird noise came from the psu once I reconnected the powercable and turned it on, but nothing came up, so i installed a back up psu, which had 650w so I was only able to have one gpu with sufficient power while since it didnt have more than two vga cords. besides 650w wouldnt be enough for a sli gtx 980 ti so I only wanted to test one, and just have the other one idle, and everything works 100% no bsod nothing my games run smooth 60 fps I only tested mgsv tho. So did I get lucky, or does the evga 1000w p2 psu have a good protector or a fail safe of some sort?
Am I good now knowing my pc can even run mgsv.

i7 4790k
16 gb of ram
h100i v2
2x gtx 980 ti
optical drive
4tb sshd
500gb ssd
z97 gaming 5

Solution
EVGA 1000 P2 is a top-notch power supply with almost every imaginable protection technology built-in. That fact has probably saved all your components, and it is the primary reason why experienced builders will only reommend quality PSUs. They might be expensive at first, but can save a lot long-term. Too bad it died, though. If it died all by itself, you can RMA it, as it is covered by 10-year warranty. Provided, of course, it wasn't hit by lightning...
EVGA 1000 P2 is a top-notch power supply with almost every imaginable protection technology built-in. That fact has probably saved all your components, and it is the primary reason why experienced builders will only reommend quality PSUs. They might be expensive at first, but can save a lot long-term. Too bad it died, though. If it died all by itself, you can RMA it, as it is covered by 10-year warranty. Provided, of course, it wasn't hit by lightning...

Solution