Question Evga supernova 750 g+

Aug 10, 2020
I just recently bought the evga supernova 750. And I used the little adapter thing,paper clip test, to test the unit and nothing happened. The fan didn’t turn on just a clicking noise kinda like a car trying to turn over. I hooked up one of the fans to the power supply to and it didn’t turn on. Did I get a bad unit?

RealBeast

Titan
I just recently bought the evga supernova 750. And I used the little adapter thing,paper clip test, to test the unit and nothing happened. The fan didn’t turn on just a clicking noise kinda like a car trying to turn over. I hooked up one of the fans to the power supply to and it didn’t turn on. Did I get a bad unit?
Assuming that it was switched on and plugged into a live plug, and the paper clip from the green to a nearby ground failed, it sounds suspect unless you had the ECO mode on where its fan will only spin when necessary.

A click is normal, IIRC its the voltage regulator turning the unit on and off.

edit: I usually use a multimeter, otherwise attach it to a board with some devices.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020
Assuming that it was switched on and plugged into a live plug, and the paper clip from the green to a nearby ground failed, it sounds suspect unless you had the ECO mode on where its fan will only spin when necessary.

The outlet is good. The units fan didn't turn on with the clip and the unit doesn’t have an eco mode. I already emailed the company to see what to do cause I literally bought it yesterday