[SOLVED] EVGA SuperNova P2 still viable?

Oct 22, 2020
Hey guys, planning on upgrading my pc to 3070 or 3080 card and looking for a new psu. Loveing evga products i was asking myself if the p2 is still a viable option or is it outplayed by far by some competitors like corsair or seagate?

thanks in advance

Solution
It's old stock, but it is one of the best. The G2, G3, P2, T2, are the old Superflower LEADEX units, some of the best ever made.

Unfortunately EVGA no longer has a contract with SUPERFLOWER, so the newer units are overpriced Fortron rubbish, yet they try to market them that they are as good as the old ones.

You can get the new LEADEX III units directly from SUPERFLOWER through Amazon and Newegg though, and at a very good price. They just can't manufacture enough to keep up with demand.
It's old stock, but it is one of the best. The G2, G3, P2, T2, are the old Superflower LEADEX units, some of the best ever made.

Unfortunately EVGA no longer has a contract with SUPERFLOWER, so the newer units are overpriced Fortron rubbish, yet they try to market them that they are as good as the old ones.

You can get the new LEADEX III units directly from SUPERFLOWER through Amazon and Newegg though, and at a very good price. They just can't manufacture enough to keep up with demand.

Solution
Oct 22, 2020

ah okay that explains what i have read about the new G5 GA and so on. I had a G3 in my old pc but sold it some years ago. then im happy i could get a p2 for that price before they are gone

ah okay that explains what i have read about the new G5 GA and so on. I had a G3 in my old pc but sold it some years ago. then im happy i could get a p2 for that price before they are gone

Yeah the GA, G5 ect, pretty sure those are all Forton/Sparkle/Powertech (FSP) units which aren't nearly as robust and tend to have way higher ripple. Rumor is that EVGA skipped G4 but it was supposed to be LEADEX III until the contract cancelled. G2 was LEADEX, and G3 was LEADEX II. Pretty sure all the platinum ones were also LEADEX. It's confusing as hell for consumers because FSP made the junker G1s, then they skipped 2 gens, and are now again the OEM. Then you have Corsair who uses like 5 or 6 different OEMs so quality is all over the place...